Colorado is supposedly purple right now. My home state is one of the 'swing states' in the election this year. In the past, Colorado has been a red state, voting for the Republican nominee for President. But this year, this square-shaped state might be turning a new color: blau...azul...you get the picture. I am sure that it helped that Denver was the host city for the Democratic National Convention back in August. [Which, by the way, I am still pretty bummed that I missed out on Stevie at the warm-up concert before Obama's big speech at Invesco -- because ya'll should know, for me, Stevie is where it's at.]
Everyone is eager to see what will happen on November 4th – which is a little over a week away now, but I am particularly interested to see how Colorado will vote this year. Will it be blue?
My hometown, good ol' Greeley, Colorado -- let's go with G-to-the-funk -- has quite an interesting political climate. Recently, I was surprised to see that I am not the only who finds Greeley's political vibe quite interesting to follow. The New York Times (nytimes.com is the home page on my browser - make it yours, and you'll be more in touch with what's happening in the world every time you get online) recently featured Greeley in their "Road to November" video series, and both sides of the political spectrum are presented in these interviews. It is fascinating to analyze some of the statements that are made in this video - leave me a comment with your thoughts. Check out the video by following the link below:
The Road to November: Greeley, Colorado
Oh, and as you can see in this video, I also missed out on Kal Penn (I love him in The Namesake) when he visited UNC on behalf of the Obama campaign. Although not as tragic as missing out on Stevie Wonder at Invesco, it's still a bit of a bummer.
Well, we're in countdown mode now... this election will finally come to an end. In the meantime, keep watching SNL where you can laugh about how crazy this whole race has shaped up. And now you can laugh on Saturdays AND Thursdays with an extra skit and Weekend Update thrown into the mix. SNL writers don't even have to try that hard to make any of the current political scenarios funny; all of their material is being handed right to them from the candidates themselves... and some candidates are certainly more amusing (that's putting it nicely) than others... and that's all I am going to say about that.

No comments:
Post a Comment