Stay bewildered in God and only that.The Ecstatic Faith of Rumi
Those of you who are scattered,
simplify your worrying lives.
There is one righteousness.
Water the fruit trees and
don't water the thorns.
Be generous to what nurtures the spirit and
God's luminous reason-light.
Don't honor what causes dysentery and
knotted-up tumors.
Don't feed both sides of yourself equally.
The spirit and the body carry
different loads and
require different attentions.
-- Rumi
Krista Tippet's interview with Fatemeh Keshavarz
Yesterday, I entered into one of my favorite Sabbath rhythms. When I'm not traveling or out of town on the weekends, I love listening or even re-listening to my favorite Speaking of Faith sessions. Sometimes I read along with the transcript of the program, sometimes I sit still, sometimes I cut vegetables, and sometimes I think about how much I miss my art supplies, namely mod-podge and paint. I like being able use my hands while I soak up good words. But I try to listen, and I try to reflect... as well as learn how to stay bewildered.

No comments:
Post a Comment