Wednesday, November 5, 2008

leaves that are green turn to brown


I was twenty-one years when I wrote this song.
Im twenty-two now, but I won't be for long
And time hurries on.
And the leaves that are green turn to brown,
And they wither with the wind,
And they crumble in your hand....


..Hello, hello, hello, hello
Good-bye, good-bye, good-bye, good-bye,
That's all there is.
And the leaves that are green turned to brown...
We'll, I've said goodbye to Riverside.  Cra-zy.  I never would have guessed that things would actually pan out this way.  What a loss.

I do feel like I have made the right decision, but it doesn't make it any easier to walk away at this point.  This Simon and Garfunkel tune (click above & play it while you read) has struck a chord with me the past few autumns, and this year is no exception.  The leaves that are green turn to brown...

There is much that I am saying goodbye to at the moment: new-formed relationships, a neighborhood that was becoming home, a gathered people, a dream for that gathered people, a city, and a dream for that very city -- opportunity that seemed endless.  Now...?  Now, what?  Goodbyes are simply hard - so painful to walk through and so difficult to stomach.  

I know there will be new things to say hello to... but at the moment, I am only filled with goodbyes.

No comments: